Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Finally back and ready to go!

 It has been quite a spell since I have blogged.  I had no intention of staying away it just happened.  Lots has been going on in my world and I just got caught up in it and then it was March already.  Between looking for a house, celebrating Ground Hog's Day, Valentine's Day and my husband's 50th birthday; February turned out to be a very busy month.  But that is all in the past and now can get back to creating. 

This week I have been back in my studio painting.  Oh, that reminds me, I did change out most of the dark furniture in my studio and brought in furniture that is painted a buttercream color.  I will try and get some pictures up so you can see.  It just made it brighter and makes me smile.  I am all over things that make me smile these days.



I have started some paintings that will remind me of what I have been learning lately. Trusting God and letting go so that He can do what He is going to do.  I tend to be a bit, hehe, of a control freak so this has been a hard lesson to learn.



 My colors last year tended to be dark so this year I am painting in happy colors of yellow and pink.  This painting is not done but I thought I would show you what I had so far since I have had nothing for months. 

I just signed up for two on-line classes.  In March I will be taking Teresa McFayden's
Windows to my World art journal class.

Then in April, I am taking Soul Restoration from the Brave Girls Club.
I am so excited about both of these class and can't wait to start.  I truely have not done any creating for months and I feel starved.  This will good.  Anyone out there taking either of these classes?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love your creations, they ARE bright and happy! I have to check out the classes you mentioned. I have it heavy on my heart to start a women's group...we will see. Welcome back! Connie

Teri Leigh said...

I have thought a women's biblestudy/art group would be awesome. What kind of group are you thinking about?