Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Where the day takes me


Sunday was one of those days that you just don't want to end. Sunny!!!! Gotta advertise that because they are few and far between these days. I was relaxed and I got to meet so many wonderful women at church. Then out to lunch with hubby and we talked and talked while the boys went to the movies. Then we all went for ice cream and home to watch movies. It was truly a day that planned itself and turned out great. My journal page about it didn't turn out too bad either. I tried some new techniques from the e-zine @ www.paperbellastudios.com. Made my own hand drawn and cut out letters and buildings to chart out what I did that day. First time for me to leave the page white and not cover it with paint or paper. I am half way through my art journal and it just brings me such joy to hold it in my hands and look through the pages. Everyday starts out a mystery of what will appear there and in the end a page of memories and thoughts and creative imagery has appeared. How incredible that is to me. It amazes me. I don't know why but it does. Child-like wonder I guess. I hope you have something in your life that brings out that feeling because we were all created with it and it would be so sad if it was lost.

No comments: